X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprayable Discharge?

Hey, guys!
    We're working on some custom totes for a sushi restaurant in town and we're looking to do some weird stuff with discharge ink. Their branding uses torn paper as a stencil for spray painted mountains (to look like old Japanese ukiyo-e prints), so we were hoping to accomplish the same effect with discharge in a spray bottle on some black canvas bags. I haven't used discharge in years, but I remember it being pretty damn goopy, so maybe this is a pipe dream? Hoping to achieve lots of variation from bag to bag so we're trying to avoid making a screen (or tons of different screens). Worried bleach might be too intense and compromise the strength of the bag. . .

I attached an example of the mountains from their branding made with spray paint and torn paper. Obviously the spray bottle version would be a lot chunkier and grungy (which is perfect!). I also attached the sketch for the bag concept.

Any ideas?

Scan the mountains and make a halftone screen. Using only white should work, although maybe using white and gray (two screens) works better.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

About the Author

Collapse

McDamnright Find out more about McDamnright

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
    Working...
    X